Online Plant Mentorship 2017 with Dan De Lion of Return to Nature:
Along with this years “4 Seasons Camp Out Mentorship Program“, I am offering an online “monthly Mentorship” program for students who can’t come physically but want to explore the wild with a supportive and likeminded community using the internet as a medium of our education.
For anyone interested, and if you have any questions send me an email at Dan@ReturntoNature.us
Topics of This Years Class Includes:
– Wildcrafters Materia Medica: Learning the healing and edible applications of many wild plants throughout the year, which bodily organs the plants and constituents effect, and how to harvest in their proper time and way.
– Constitutional Herbalism Practice: Plant Sense Meditations: Direct field practice of awareness of the 6 tastes of Ayurveda and how that directly correlates to medicinal application and organ systems, study of the doctrine of correspondences and signatures, and how to correlate our sense perception with medicinal applications of plants.
– Herbal Medicine Making with Backyard Allies: Students will receive step by step directions and live streams to make common helpful home remedies together, from infused oils to tinctures, and delicious meals.
– Monthly Live Webinar videos: On the 4th Wednesday of each month (see dates below) with assignments, discussion, Q+A, and seasonal plant walk awareness – Each video will be available to watch live, or a playback file will be posted in the group, and you will be able to attend the “playback only”, but live is recommended.
– Access to our “Return to Nature – Monthly Online Mentorship 2017” Facebook Group: Here we will discuss plant identification, projects, and ask questions, as well as all learn together.
– Monthly Assignments Including Plant Identification “Scavenger hunts”: Students will develop their identification practice, checking identifications with the group, learning plant families, and basic botanical terminology.
Dates for the Classes:
The online mentorship will begin in March of 2017, and run until October. 8 courses in total – Dates to tune in to the live webinar will be the 4th Wednesday of each month from 2-4 pm EST. The dates are as follows…
March 22, April 26, May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 27, and October 25
About the Mentorship: Each month we will have a plant/plant family of the month for everyone to identify, sustainably wildcraft, dry, prepare, and learn to work with in its proper context. These practices will include recipes for making meals, medicinal remedies, and magical mandalas. By submitting the photos online for proper identification, joining in the group inspiration, and feedback, students will hone their skillsets in a well-rounded practice of herbalism. Students will also have the experience of taking our remedies together with the intent of sitting and feeling, journaling, and comparison of our notes on the online forum to fine-tune our senses.
Class Requirements: No knowledge of plant species or botany is required for this course. Students will be required to purchase or acquire a few of their regional field guides (2-3), spend time familiarizing themselves with learning to identify and post pictures of their wild plant finds to work with, and to learn to sit with the plant, observe it, and journal about it.
Required time for practice is 1-2 hours per week, you must be committed to do the work. Make sure that you feel that you have time and energy to commit before signing up.
Limit to number of students for the year: 20
The Cost of the class is $425. To sign up for the class, a down payment of 125$ is required before January 1st to hold your place. The rest of the payment ($300) is required before February 1st which will give you access to our online group. One can make the full payment in total. To sign up for the class, you can Paypal to Dan@Returntonature.us or email me for other ways of payment*.
This roughly comes out to 53$ a month.
*Payment plans available to those in need. Email to inquire.
Want to attend a Camp-Out mentorship with Dan in NJ? Check out the 4 Seasons Camp-Out Mentorship program of 2017