Join Dan for a custom day class or 2 to 3 night customized camping retreat to deepen your interaction with the natural world. If you and your family are a beginner camper, or you are a seasoned survivalist there is much to explore.
Retreats are offered to those seeking a deeper connection to nature and who are prepared for the lessons she brings. Please contact Dan@returntonature.us to discuss potential curriculum and schedule.
Pricing is dependent upon the number of people included in your private camping retreat. Price quoted will exclude campsite fees (Dan will recommend the campground location and which sites to book.) Participants are expected to provide their own camping gear and basic food staples (rice, beans, etc.), which will be augmented by Dan
Activities and teaching may include:
• Setting up camp and organizing camping logistics
• Foraging for wild edibles including plants and mushrooms to incorporate into camp meals
• Diverse methods of fire making (including how to prepare for various weather conditions/wet wood)
• Herbal remedies and natural ways of healing the body
• Overall food / diet considerations for specific persons
• Food preparation and campfire cooking
• Bird watching and identification
• Plant observation, identification and communion
• Specialized plant weekends for more advanced students (such as a mushroom-specific retreat if conditions permit)
• Daily outdoor yoga
• Daily guided or silent meditations
• In-depth discussions during plant walks about ecosystem considerations, ethics and personal land rituals